Michael P. Germano joined Wiles Richards in 1987 after earning his law degree at The Ohio Northern University College of Law. There, he was elected President of the Student Bar Association during his third year. A 1978 graduate of Lake Catholic High School, Mr. Germano completed his undergraduate work at Cleveland State University. Prior to beginning his law career, Mr. Germano worked in the excavating/construction trades for his family’s excavating company. This working knowledge in the trades has assisted Mr. Germano in his representation of clients with construction related issues, with specific emphasis on contracts. He practices in Lake, Cuyahoga, Geauga and Ashtabula Counties, in both Common Pleas and Municipal Courts. His emphasis is in civil litigation, workers’ compensation and misdemeanor criminal defense.
Mr. Germano currently serves in the following positions:
- Law Director and Prosecutor for the Village of Timberlake
- Prosecutor for the City of Willoughby Hills
- Prosecutor for the City of Kirtland
- Assistant Law Director for the City of Willoughby
- Assistant Law Director for the City of Kirtland
- Member of Executive Committee for the Lake County Bar Association
Mr. Germano is a member of the Knights of Columbus, the National Italian American Bar Association, and is a 2002 graduate of Leadership Lake County. He served on the Executive Board of the Willoughby Chamber of Commerce and served as President of the Chamber for 2011-2012.
- J.D. Ohio Northern University, 1987
- B.A. Cleveland State University, 1983
Admitted to Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1995
- United States District Court, Northern District, Ohio, 1993
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1988
Municipal and Township Law, Workers Compensation, Civil Practice, Criminal Law, Driving While Intoxicated, Traffic Violations, Domestic Relations, Family Law, Divorce